Stanley Beer Yard gets busy! If you haven’t yet headed to the eclectic and vibrant Stanely Beer Yard (44 Stanley, Milpark) then you haven’t truly experienced Joburg’s finest. The ambience is relaxed, fresh and friendly and boasts a huge variety of craft and local beers, boutique wines and an artisanal drinks collection.
Their flavoursome food menu has everything from beer basted pregos and sharing boards overflowing with meats, cheeses and Mediterranean veg. And of course – there’s music: a mixture of blues, country and rockabilly. They have vinyl evenings on Thursdays and Fridays, live bands on a Saturday and a 60s/70s music themed afternoon every last Sunday of the month. And the first Sunday of every month Stanley Beer Yard hosts SA’s biggest vinyl market from 10 till 3 pm.
If ever there was a trendy and relaxed spot, then this is it. Surrounded by old architecture and towering trees, they have transformed an industrial-looking building into a hidden gem. If crafty food is not your thing, then you can partake in their first beer-tasting events on 28 February and 7 March, tickets are R50. Led by two certified beer judges, guests can enjoy tasting six unique craft beers and learn about the different origins and styles of each one.
Contact: 011 482-5791 for bookings.
One lucky Connect reader will win a R500 Stanley Beer Yard voucher!
To enter, simply fill out the form below:
Competition terms and conditions:
The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions apply.
In addition the following rules will apply:
- All valid entries will be entered into a random draw
- Competition closes Tuesday, 21 March 2017, at midnight
- The winner will be chosen on Wednesday, 22 March 2017
- The winner will be notified via the information provided in the entry form
- The winners detail will be sent to the sponsor who will be in contact to finalise prize details
- The voucher is valid for six months
- All information from the entry form may be used by The Citizen and Connect for Marketing purposes