Making its South African debut yesterday, the Clubsport S comes a few months since the Clubsport reached our shores.
There is nothing bad about the Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport S except that it’s a limited-edition model, and all 47 models allocated for our market have been sold out.
Making its South African debut yesterday, the Clubsport S comes a few months since the Clubsport reached our shores .
Here are 8 things that make it better:
- Only 400 have been made, with 47 shipped to South Africa.
- Each of the 400 cars has a sticker in the ashtray, where the cars were numbered respectively from 1 to 400.
- VW has fiddled with the overblown 2.0 engine lurking under the Clubsport, giving it that extra Vrrrr phaa!
- It’s only available in white, as all the other colours are sold out.
- It’s a two-seater, so bye-bye extra passengers, hello peace of mind
- It has a smaller battery to reduce the weight of the car
- The model gains Xenon headlights with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
- Best of all is that it’s faster than all the other GTIs with a top speed of 265km/h.
The Golf GTI Clubsport S comes standard with a 5-year/90 000km service plan, 3-year/120 000km warranty and a 12-year anticorrosion warranty. Service interval is 15 000km. It’s priced at a whopping R742 000!
(Featured Image: The Citizen)
For the youth, by the youth. Follow Connect on Twitter and Facebook. Also check us out on Instagram and YouTube.
Also on Connect: