‘Hlaudi Motsoeneng is Hlaudi Motsoeneng, and there is only one Hlaudi in South Africa. It’s this one called Hlaudi, and no one else.’ Thank God for that.
Former SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng has been busy with his disciplinary hearing since Wednesday.
He was charged for bringing the SABC into disrepute. Hlaudi held a press conference without permission from the SABC board. He also attacked the SABC interim board.
Hlaudi tried to stop the disciplinary hearing by saying he is ‘unemployable’.
In light of this, we have decided to look back at the press conference he held in April and remember some of his funniest moments.
Here are the top 10 quotes from Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s press conference:
1. “I’m very excited, and I’m going to enjoy myself in disciplinary hearing. Some people when they are taken to disciplinary hearing, they think it’s the end of the world. For me, it’s the beginning of the world. For me, it’s the beginning of Hlaudi.”
2. “You know, white people like Hlaudi. I’m telling you. I meet so many white people. Sometimes someone rushed to me, white person at the garage. He said: Hey, Mr Hlaudi, we support what you do. We are with you.”
3. “In South Africa you have only one Hlaudi, no one else. It’s only one Hlaudi.”
4. “I was dismissed at the SABC, I came back. And I enjoy these things of dismissal and coming back. I enjoy going for disciplinary hearings. I enjoy life!”
5. “Hlaudi has this thing. That thing is there, it’s not going to go away because I was born with that one. So forget about it, I’m not going to change.”
And by “thing”, this is what he was talking about.
6. Some, they want Hlaudi to be minister. Others, they want me to be president. I support a woman. I won’t stand for president because of a woman.”
7. “I’m black, but I don’t understand other black people. How do you complain about white people when they are powerless and you hold power in your hand?”
8. “I started this radical transformation. You know I started that thing? And I have seen that people have joined me.”
9. “If I was a politician, I would never allow where you have 10 or 20 political parties. For what? Because actually, we as South Africans employ politicians when we are unemployed ourselves.”
10. “Not all white people are bad. Not all of them. It’s like black people. Not all of them are bad.”
(Featured Image: Gallo Images)
Also on Connect: